뉴딜과 mathematical tables project
실업구제용 뉴딜중 하나. Mathematical Tables Project
"hundreds of unskilled people to compile a large number of mathematical tables of all sorts of mathematical information" 이런게 가능했단 말인가
실업자들 모아서 무슨 계산을 하고 있었나 보려면 클릭. 이런게 뉴딜ㄷㄷ
WPA 프로그램의 성격
Bethe의 논문 계산
Tables of circular and hyperbolic tangents and cotangents for radian arguments. Prepared by the Mathematical Tables Project, Work Projects Administration of the Federal Works Agency. Conducted under the sponsorship of the National Bureau of Standards. Lyman J. Briggs, director, National Bureau of Standards, official sponsor. Arnold N. Lowan, technical director, Mathematical Tables Project.
조직의 구성과 주요인물
- Gertrude Blanch
- 15자리까지 계산된 지수함수 테이블
- Announcement of the project for the computation of mathematical tables
- Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. Volume 47, Number 5 (1941), 363-365.
- Computation of Mathematical Tables.
- J. Phys. Chem., 1939, 43 (8), pp 1099–1101
- Anon. 2000. “Beautiful Numbers: The Rise and Decline of the British Association Mathematical Tables Committee, 1871-1965.” IEEE Annals of the History of Computing 22 (4) (December): 44–61. doi:10.1109/85.887989.
- The Rise and Fall of the Committee on Mathematical Tables and Other Aids to Computation
- IEEE Annals of the History of Computing archive , Volume 23 , Issue 2 (April 2001) table of contents, Pages: 38 - 49 , Year of Publication: 2001
- Gertrude Blanch of the Mathematical Tables Project
- October-December 1997 (vol. 19 no. 4)
- The Math Tables Project of the Work Projects Administration: The Reluctant Start of the Computing Era
- July-September 1998 (vol. 20 no. 3)
- David Alan Grier, "Gertrude Blanch of the Mathematical Tables Project," IEEE Annals of the History of Computing, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 18-27, Oct.-Dec. 1997, doi:10.1109/85.627896